My book was Housekeeping. I checked a book group kit (10 copies of the book + a binder with reviews and biographical information) out of the library. It's due back today.
Three people didn't return their copies to me at book group, which was three weeks ago. I sent email to the whole list earlier this week, reminding people that the kit was due August 8, and that the library has a strong preference that all the items be returned together, so to please give them back to me. Two people did.
What would you do? Other pieces of information that may or may not affect your decision:
- I am almost but not 100% sure that I know who took a book and hasn't given it back.
- I find this woman very tiring, because I don't think she likes me, but she seems to want to cover it up by over-acting affection. Insincerity is never more exhausting than when it comes in hugs and prolonged one-on-one conversations.
- I have been considering dropping out of this book group anyway, because as a whole, it doesn't bring me enough happy to make up for the times it makes me feel slighted.
- On the other hand, there are people in this book group that I like a lot and I am sure they like me. I know I could theoretically drop out of book group but maintain the individual relationships, but I know me and I would not make that happen.
- Also long-term relationships are more useful for learning about people than any number of first dates.
- This is not a good time for me to accept advice that begins, "Why don't you just..."
This entry was originally posted at http://boxofdelights.dreamwidth.org/272289.html. Please comment there using OpenID.